DENTAL HYGIENE: HOW TO BRUSH YOUR TEETH PROPERLY
Technical and brushing time, choice of toothpaste, use a toothpick, dental floss or interdental brushes … An update on the mistakes we commit most often for dental hygiene …
Choice of toothbrush and toothpaste, brush movements on the teeth, brushing ideal time … Discover our tips for brushing teeth and put the odds of voting side to prevent cavities and other dental problems. To find you smile, must concern to your dentist as well. We have best endodontist in San Diego, who can help you in best manner.
Make horizontal movements when brushing, brushing teeth (too) quickly zap step of interdental brush, or use a whitening toothpaste daily, are mistakes that many of us do in our bathroom. Regular tooth brushing (at least twice a day, ideally after each meal) and perform in the rules of art, is essential to prevent not only tooth decay but also all periodontal diseases (gingivitis, periodontitis, etc.), which can be caused by a lack of oral hygiene.
Choosing your toothbrush and toothpaste?
The choice of the toothbrush is of course crucial in the quality of brushing. Thus, we will opt for a toothbrush with soft bristles, (not too hard to preserve the gums and tooth enamel that may be sensitive. Whatever type of toothbrush you use, it is also important to change it, or change the head of your electric toothbrush, as soon as it appears worn or at least every 3 months. To reduce the risk of development of germs and bacteria in the hair and maintain effective brushing. As for toothpaste, it is highly recommended to choose with a fluorine-based formula, to prevent caries. For children, it is best to opt for a fluoride toothpaste, age-appropriate.
10 tips for brushing teeth optimal
- If you have any doubt about the quality of your brush, put yourself in the mirror in your bathroom. This is a good way to become aware of the movements we do, and any errors.
- Do not add to your toothbrush as toothpaste, avoid going under a trickle of water before brushing your teeth.
- Place the brush at the junction between the teeth and gums.
- Then proceed to small circular movements of the gingiva to the tooth (from top to bottom for the upper teeth, and from bottom to top for the lower teeth). Go several times between two teeth, and the tooth surfaces.
- Take the time to thoroughly brush each tooth, starting for example from the bottom to the center, not to mention the internal and external surfaces of the teeth.
- Especially, in case of bleeding in the gums, do not stop brushing: bleeding gums are a sign of inflammation. And the first step to overcome inflammation, it is just to have a good oral hygiene.
- Brush your teeth for at least 2 minutes to have time to reach all teeth, but also to allow time to fluoride to act on the teeth.
- Do not forget to brush your tongue, preferably with a tongue scraper to remove microbes on the surface.
- To perfect brushing, flossing is recommended: it achieves the faces stuck to the back of the mouth. Provided by cons, learn to use it properly to avoid hurting the gums. Slide the wire between the two teeth surrounding the base of the tooth, down slowly the thread to the gingiva. To make 2 or 3 times in the same place.
- Finally, for wider interdental spaces, we will opt for interdental bosses, adapted to the size of the space. To find the size that fits you, kits interdental brushes with 9 different sizes exist (at Gum, for example). Remember to rinse the brush after each change and when worn (minimum every 15 days).