Down, as it was coined, Australia is a beautiful country with contrasting worlds, as it has exceptional coastal cities and desert lands. Surrounded by three seas, namely the Southern Ocean, the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean. Australia is home to epic landscapes with attractions such as the Sydney Opera House, the Great Barrier Reef, Bondi Beach and the unforgettable nightlife.
Whether you are about to fly to the great beauty of Australia for business or pleasure, you will need an Australian visa. Follow this simplified guide on how to obtain an Australian visa and the documents required for your visa, visa, and student visa. This article focuses on the Australian visitor visa. Holders of Pakistani passports can apply online for an Australian visa or at a LMS Visa Application Center located in Lahore. All Australian visa applicants must submit their visa application well in advance (at least 4 weeks) of their departure date.
Types of visas
- Visitor’s Visa (valid for up to three, six or 12 months)
- Student visa (allows stays of up to five years)
- Business Innovation and Investment Visa (Provisional) (valid for four years and three months)
Visa Processing Time
- Visitor visa – up to 33 days
- Student visa – Depends on the study sector. Find more information here.
- Business Visa – up to 20 days.
Payment for your Australian visa application will be made at the Visa Application Center of LMS if you are requesting offline. There are two costs incurred, namely, the visa application fees (charged on behalf of the Department of Internal Affairs) and the fee for the application service (services provided by LMS).
Visa applicants who submit online applications through ImmiAccount can make an online payment. There are several online payment methods to follow: how to pay
Australian Visa requirement
The following documents are required to apply for an Australian visitor visa:
- A completed and signed Form 1419: visitor visa application.
- A certified copy of your passport, showing the photo and personal data, and other pages that show the trip to other countries
- 1 x passport photograph (45 mm x 35 mm) – no more than six months.
- The visa application fee (cash or proof of payment of the application online)
- A completed Form 1257: declaration of commitment for applicants under 18 years of age.
- A completed Form 1229: Consent to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 traveling alone or without one or both parents or legal guardian (if applicable).
- If you want another person to receive all written communications about your Australian visitor visa application with the Department:
o Complete Part K – Options to receive written communications
o Form 956: Advice from a migration agent / person exempt from providing immigration assistance
o Form 956A: Appointment or withdrawal of an authorized recipient
- Proof of access to sufficient funds to support your stay (payroll, recent bank statements, credit card limit or tax records)
- Guide to your medical or travel insurance (upon request)
- A letter confirming your absence, from your employer.
- Proof of enrollment at the college or university.
- An invitation letter to visit, if you are visiting a family member in Australia
- Proof of incentive and authority to show your intention to return to your country of residence: property or other important assets in your country of origin.
- After submitting your application, attach the payment receipt to the application form.
Be sure not to provide original documents unless requested. Always be sure to send certified copies of all original documentation. All documents that are not in English must be accompanied by certified translations in English.
Where to apply?
All Pakistani citizens who apply for an Australian visa are strongly recommended to complete their visa application online. Simply create an online account known as ImmiAccount. This allows applicants to administer their visa application online.
For Pakistani citizens who can not apply online, the alternative is to apply in person at the Australian Visa Application Center LMS in Lahore.
What does the visa process imply?
- Create an ImmiAccount, all online forms must be completed correctly
- Update your passport data
- Scan all required certified documents
- Attach scanned copies to your application online when prompted
- Present all documents along with your Australian visa application online.
- Then you must complete your biometric information at a visa application center: LMS in Lahore.
The payment of your Australian visa application can be made by card, Paypal or BPAY. A surcharge may apply if you are making an online or card payment.
All additional documentation must be uploaded to ImmiAccount. You will be issued a Transaction Reference Number (TRN) after you have placed your request online. The TRN should contact the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
- Continue with the download of Form 1419. This important form must be signed and dated.
- To continue with your Australian visa application, you must book an appointment at the Australian Visa Application Center – LMS. Reservations can be made on the website.
- Once in the Visa Application Center, send your application form (Form 1419), certified documents and biometric information.
- Pay the necessary fees in the cash center of the Visa Application Center. Only cash will be accepted.
- Finally, record your biometric data and fingerprints.
Pakistani visa applicants must meet certain health standards. You will have to undergo a health exam that will be evaluated and determine the outcome of your visa application.
- Certificate of vaccination against poliomyelitis.
- Certificate of vaccination against yellow fever.
For further Details : Australia Visa