A pediatric dentist san diego is a doctor who specializes in diagnosing, treating, and preventing abnormalities in a child’s dentition. Pediatric dentistry is a pediatric specialty, so such a dentist should be well versed in the characteristics of a growing body.
What does a pediatric dentist do?
Carries out regular scheduled inspections; the first visit should take place in the first year of life: the doctor will assess the degree of maturity of the dentition, the correctness of bite formation, the speed and sequence of teething, the condition of the frenum, gums, mucous membranes and muscles.
- Carries out the prevention of diseases, talks about the features of oral care.
- Eliminates developmental defects (frenum cutting, occlusion correction).
It treats diseases of both teeth (tartar, caries, pulpitis, etc.) and mucous membranes.
- Restores teeth after injuries
- Performs painless tooth extraction
What is the competence of the doctor?
- Oral examination.
- Appointment and carrying out diagnostic procedures.
- Treatment in the office (restoration of a damaged tooth, brushing, filling, drug administration, disinfection of the oral mucosa, etc.)
- Prescribing Home Therapy.
- Observation, treatment correction.
- Care, prevention, and follow-up guidelines.
- Referral to other specialists (if necessary).
What organs does the dentist deal with?
The pediatric dentist examines the teeth, which include the crown (visible above the gum) and the root (the part immersed in the jaw bone), adjacent tissues (periodontium, the surrounding root, and gum), tongue, salivary glands, and muscles responsible for chewing and articulation, as well as associated with the oral cavity in the face and neck.
When should I go to a pediatric dentist?
In pediatric dentistry, a doctor’s consultation is necessary at every stage of development: violations of tooth growth often occur imperceptibly, but they leave an imprint on adult life.
It is necessary to visit a pediatric dentist:
- Twice up to a year (at 9 and 12 months)
- Then – every six months to a year before the change of teeth (up to 5-6 years)
- Further – at least 1 time per year
- What types of diagnostics does the dentist conduct?
- History taking – examining patient data to help with
- To make a diagnosis, as well as familiarization with the history of the disease
- Oral examination
Additionally, can be assigned:
- Radiation Diagnostics (X-ray).
- Computed tomography (layered image, which allows you to examine in detail the structure of the desired organ).
- Ultrasound (if we are talking about soft organs – salivary glands, lymph nodes).
Pediatric Dentist Tips.
The task of any doctor is not only to cure, but also to prevent the return of the disease. The general advice that a pediatric dentist can give in San Diego, as in a large metropolis with environmental deficiencies, will come down to the prevention of dental growth disorders due to nutrition, caries and inflammatory diseases, the rules for the formation of a normal bite, and muscle strengthening.
Parents need to pay attention to:
- Nutrition and lifestyle during pregnancy, when the laying of the beginnings of the teeth of the unborn child occurs (from 6-7 weeks of pregnancy).
- The nature of the baby’s nutrition from the first days – sufficient intake of calcium, protein, trace elements and B vitamins for proper bone and tooth growth.
- Prevention of anemia, rickets and rheumatism – social diseases that also affect the quality and health of teeth
- Hygiene of the oral cavity of the baby: the use of dental wipes, and then soft brushes.
- With the advent of chewing teeth, brush twice a day with baby toothpaste, rinse your mouth after eating, teach your child how to use dental floss.
The need for regular visits to the dentist
Advantages of Pediatric Dentistry
Children’s dentistry In Orange Family Dental is:
- Accessibility of a pediatric dentist in Moscow districts due to convenient location of clinics
- Experienced professionals who can find an approach to any child
- Modern equipment for easy treatment
- Accurate diagnostic equipment
- A painless treatment in a relaxed atmosphere
- Friendly staff
For More Information Click Here: https://versaillesdentalclinic.com/services/dental-implants-in-dubai/