New legislation has been introduced EICR Certificate Cost London, which means landlords must have electrical installations in their rental properties inspected by electricians every five years. This is a great step towards improving the safety of the 4.5 million private rented households that we have campaigned for over a number of years.
All electrical installations deteriorate with age and use. Performed by an electrician, periodic inspections identify problems that must be addressed to make the installation safe. This includes
- Identifying electrical shock hazards and fire hazards
- Fault finding of electrical work
- The electrician will issue an EICR Certificate Cost London that includes checklists, recommended actions to be taken and a statement that the installation is safe.
- So, if you are a homeowner or renter, what does this mean for you?
- Landlords electrical safety certificate in London, United Kingdom
- Before a new tenancy starts between July 2022 and April 2023, electrical installations must be inspected and tested.
- Checks must be carried out on any existing tenants by 1 April 2023.
- Then these checks should be done every five years.
If any work is carried out to secure the installation, this initial inspection must be carried out within 28 days. A copy of the EICR must be given to new and existing tenants. It is your responsibility as the landlord to ensure that the person performing the inspection and the resulting repairs are qualified. The best way to ensure this is to buy an electrician registered with a government-approved scheme. Here you can find electronics.
Here is a free leaflet for landlords with more advice and information on keeping your tenants and property safe. By law, your landlord must ensure that the EICR Certificate Cost London in your rental property is safe for the duration of your tenancy.
If you are a new tenant, this must be completed before you move in. For existing tenants, electronic landlord checks must be completed by 1 April 2023. Then they must provide a copy of the electrical installation status report or EICR London, which confirms this. Property is safe. If you are worried about electronics entering your home, our blog post can help you maintain social distancing while working. Find out more about your EICR Certificate Cost London obligations as a tenant here.