- Completed: Form 1415 Visitor Visa Application – Professional Visitor Flow (PDF file of 430 Kb)
- Lodge your completed form in one of the immigration offices outside of Australia.
Sponsored family stream
- Complete and file the following forms:
- Complete: Form 1418 Visitor Visa Application – Sponsored Family Flow (PDF 478KB).
- Your referrer completes: Form 1149 Sponsored Referral Form Visitors of the family (223KB PDF file)
- Put your completed forms together in one of the sponsored families of the department Visitor Processing Centers.
There is more information to help you prepare your application on website, which gives advice on certification and translation of documents in English, by contacting the department, using a migration agent, allowing another person to receive information from the department, and receive help with your request.
After you have applied
After filing the application and the documents, the department will let you know that he has received your information. You will receive a letter of acknowledgment of receipt.
Wait for a decision
The department has service standards for the time it takes to process requests for this visa. Processing times can be affected by the country where you come from where you are hosting your application.
Outside Australia: If you are applying for a visa outside of Australia, do not make the necessary arrangements to travel to Australia before being notified in writing that you have obtained a visa.
Application for the tourist flow in Australia: If you apply for this visa in Australia, you may be eligible for a transition visa that allows you to stay legally in the country while your request is being processed.
Provide more information
You can provide more information to the department, in writing, at any time decision is made on demand. If you want to correct the information you have provided, use:
- Form 1023 Invalid Response Notification (s) (100 KB PDF file)
The department may also ask you for more information. You will have to answer by a set the date. After this date, the department can make a decision about your request using the information it has.
If another person gives the department information that could make you refuse a visa, the department will usually give you the opportunity to comment on the information.
You could also be interviewed. If you are invited to attend an interview in person, bring your passport or other identification and all documents requested at the interview.
Report changes in circumstances
You must tell the department if your situation changes. Use the following forms:
- Form 929 Change of address and / or passport details (PDF file 89KB) – if you move to a new address or change your passport.
- Form 1022 Notification of Change of Circumstances (PDF file 77 KB) – if there is other changes in your situation.
Withdrawing your application
You can withdraw the application by notifying the Ministry in writing at any time before making a decision about your request. To do this, you must send the department a withdrawal letter including your full name, date of birth, date of application, and file reference number / transaction record number (if known).
Any person included in the application who is 18 years of age or older must sign the withdrawal letter.
If the visa is granted, the department will send you a letter or email with:
- the date the visa starts
- the visa grant number
- Any conditions attached to the visa.
If the visa is not granted, the department will send you a letter advising:
- why the visa was refused
- your review rights (if any)
- The time limit for lodging an appeal (if applicable).
See the process to apply Australian visa online